Just Homes Care day opportunities service is different to the traditional day centres, making use of the local amenities, rather than taking place in a dedicated building.
Our day opportunities runs seven days a week, the service runs from 8 am until 10pm daily and allows the clients to choose their own times they want to attend. Transport can be provided to pick up and drop off at home, we also have a vehicle which has wheelchair access. Our own transport is used throughout the day to facilitate certain activities which are planned to locations where there isn’t the possibility of using public transport at the times required.
Clients are supported to access the community; this can be in small groups or individually.
Everyone who takes part in our day opportunities can get involved in planning and deciding on how, when, where and what they will be doing!
Just homes care offers activities such as:
- Cooking sessions
- Arts & crafts
- Horse riding/ carriage riding
- Cinema nights
- Health & beauty
- Sensory & relaxation
- Gardening/ allotment group
- Games sessions, including pool & Air hockey
- Gym sessions
- Pub visits
- Dog walking
We also offer
- Daily living skills, allowing the client to achieve their goals
- Supported employment
- Support within a voluntary role
- Support on courses such as Maths/ English/ computer skills to enhance the client skills
- Support to take part in charity events, such as sponsored walks and race for life to raise money for worthwhile charities.